Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Food.

It turns out that, in addition to being black, my cubemate Juanita doesn't know much about food. I was under the impression that she worked out a lot and ate healthy. Based on her slender physique, I would still say she works out a lot, but apparently she's not as smart in regards to eating as I thought she was.

I was going to get a sandwich the other day, and I asked her if she wanted anything:

Me: "I'm going to get a sandwich, do you want anything?"
Her: "No, I don't want anything heavy right now."
Me: "Okay bye."
Her: "Wait, do they have soup?"
Me: "Yeah."
Her: "Can you get me some soup?"
Me: "Sure."
Her: "What kind do they have?"
Me: "I don't know. I can call you when I get there.
Her: "Can you get me a cookie and a bag a chips, too?"

(You see, this is why I never ask "Does anyone want anything?" when I go get lunch. I don't know what the hell caused me to ask on this particular day, but I can assure you, it will never happen again.)

Me: "Uhh...okay."

I walked across the street to the sandwich place and called her on my cell phone:

Me: "They have vegetable and cream of potato."
Her: "Okay, get me the potato."
Me: "Cup or bowl? Cup is 2.99 and bowl is 4.29."
Her: "Cup."
Me: "And you want a bag of regular potato chips and chocolate chip cookie?"
Her: "Yeah."
Me: "Okay, bye."

So let's review...

Juanita didn't want anything "heavy," so she ordered:

-potato chips
-chocolate chip cookie
-cream of potato soup

Which can be translated to:

-deep-fried oil flakes
-sugar-butter-egg patty
-starchy lard sauce

But she didn't want anything "heavy."

I ordered my standard: turkey on wheat, no cheese. I seriously felt weighed down for the rest of the day. I should have gotten a cookie and chips.

The saddest part of the story is I ended up paying for her. She handed me a twenty. I had no cash. I couldn't pay with with her twenty because then I wouldn't have enough change to give her. So I paid with a debit card and had no change to give her. I guess I could have asked them to ring up the two orders separately, but I'm bad at planning.

Sugar-butter-egg patty.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scotty Win said...

Why didn't you pay with her $20 then just owe her?

I know you love owing/being owed money.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I see now you are paying for girls lunches with our money?

I can't believe this shit!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Scotty Win said...

lollerskates, Ms. Brick.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Scotty Win said...

are you gonna wait until post-Vegas for the next entry?

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home