Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sigh.

"How come you never write I like it when you write it makes me sad that you never write."
"Because it takes, like, a whole day to write a post."

So here we are. You get a post everytime the wife complains.

I started playing poker again.

This was unplanned development. Although quitting was an unplanned development as well. I had an okay poker bankroll going a few months ago, but got stupid, lost it, and that was that.

Oh well, it was a good run. I made enough to buy a new laptop, a new monitor set-up (a 20" and a 17"; I should have gotten two 20's) for the online pokering, and some new file cabinets. I never withdrew for that new desk chair I was going to get, so I never got a new desk chair. My desk chair money was returned from whence it came.

So I just stopped didn't think much about it.

Then we went to Vegas, I realized I don't completely suck at the low-limit hold 'em and sort of liked playing.

Then a week later I was in the middle of arranging hotel accomodations for Scott's bachelor Vegas excursion in March and I got a call:

Scott: "We're going to Industry City to play poker."
Me: "I can't go because I'm married."

I couldn't take it anymore. I decided to deposit $200 and if I lost it, that would be it and the wife didn't need to know anything.

I instacashed (those were the days, huh?) $200 into Pokerstars, made about $300, and cashed out my $200 (those were the days, huh?).

I then lost the $300, redeposited the $200, made about $300, cashed out the $200, then lost the $300.

At least I'm still even, right?

For a third time, I deposited $200, made about $300, and cashed out the $200.

And I'm still going on that $300. It's been about 4 weeks and I have about $1000.

And for the readers that live in the same house as me, please be assured that all accounts are completely unaffected by this poker rebirth. All initial deposits were returned to their original location.

Also, for the readers that live in the same house as me, if this urge to return to poker happened after Neteller blew up, the urge probably would have gone unfulfilled and quietly passed. Alas, I acquired adequate poker funds before Neteller blew up, so I'm all set until I go broke. I've got $1,060 at Stars. I have no easy way to get it out of Stars, but that's fine with me.

I've also earned enough frequent player point to get a Panasonic portable DVD player. I don't really need a portable DVD player, but I want one for some reason. Maybe I'll save up enough to get the 8GB iPod nano and offer it to the wife as a "I'm sorry I play poker" gift. Although that gift would be wasted on her because there is no way she would ever fill up 8GB with tunes. Too bad the Stars store doesn't offer the iPod shuffle.

I only need 2,800 points until I reach Platinum status at Stars, and I need to do it by Jan. 31. That means I need to play for three hours a day until then. I also have a deposit bonus I need to clear on Full Tilt by Jan. 31, so that means I need to play an another hour at Full Tilt in addition to the three hours at Pokerstars. That's just how it is, honey, I don't make the rules, you need to be understanding. It's not my fault I only have until Jan. 31st and won't get to talk to you until February.

In other poker news, I am the biggest jerk on planet earth for not hanging out with my wife on Friday and instead going to play poker with my friends "for the third weekend in a row!"

Me going to play poker somehow resulted in me having to clean out our storage unit the next day.

Being married is fun.

I won $11 at poker.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We would've had the same argument had we been single, living in the same household- so don't give me any of this "isn't being married fun" crap.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Brick said...

We've been married for about 3 years, so don't give me any of this "had we been single" crap. The recent nuptials were merely a technicality.

Also, I should point out that I played poker for four hours last night and four hours the night before and she didn't say a word about it.

She has been very nice about my recent poker playing.

I should also mention that last night before playing poker I went to the gym while Mrs. Brick sat on the couch.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Scotty Win said...

Soon at the Brick household:

Her: Honey, why don't you talk to me anymore?
Him: Blah.
Her: Briiiiiick, talk to me.
Him: Read the blog. I talk there.

(rest of conversation continues on blog; Brick household is eerily quiet except for typing sounds and the Suns game on tv)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Brick said...

What do mean "anymore?"

We never talked in the first place.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home